Microsoft Outlook is Microsoft’s official email application which permits you to set up various records and work with corporate mailboxes. This application is widely being used by clients all across the world as it has its own changing privacy and security settings as well as automated mailings.
Though Microsoft Outlook is being used by a large number of users, they often find some complications while using this email application. While sending or accepting emails in Microsoft Outlook, they often come across the pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 error.
If you are also a Microsoft Outlook user and you encounter this error, then you must be looking out for unraveling appropriate solutions to overcome this error. But before following the tips and guidelines to resolve this error, first of all, you must know the causes to deal with the error.
Why the pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 Error Occurs in Microsoft Outlook?
Here we are revealing numerous reasons for which this error occurs. Some of the most common ones are stated below:
- If the user is logging in using multiple accounts, then it might clash with the application that is working currently
- Caching is the fundamental cause for this issue
- If you are using a new version with partial updates or an outdated version of the software
- The error might also occur due to the SMTP server accounts. When the delivery of the email to the outgoing destination is not possible, the machine or device displays this error to the sender.
Are you facing this error? Well, by now, you have known the causes that are responsible for this error to occur. So, now you can proceed to the solutions section thereof.
4 Effective Methods to Solve the Pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 Error:
You can take a look at these methods which will eventually help you in getting rid of this error.
Method 1: Reinstallation of Microsoft Outlook
The very first technique generally used by developers to resolve this pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 error is through uninstalling the Microsoft Outlook application on your device and reinstalling it.
For doing so, follow the steps described below:
- Go to the Search bar from the desktop and open Control Panel from it
- Then select the ‘Programs and Features’ option
- After that, search for Microsoft Office or whatever other programs that are causing errors mistake and click on it
- Now, uninstall the application by clicking on the Uninstall button
- When the uninstallation process completes, restart the PC
- Thereafter, you can proceed to reinstall Microsoft Outlook for installation.
Method 2: Update the Microsoft Outlook Application
Prior to installing any new updates, you should check out for system requirements that are essential for the new version of Microsoft Office Outlook.
Generally, when you install any new version of Microsoft Office, its earlier version gets consequently eliminated. Still, if you are stressed over any mistake during the update, then you can uninstall this version and download the new one.
Check out these steps for updating the MS Outlook application:
- First of all, open Microsoft Outlook and click on the file
- Then go to the navigation bar and select the Office Account tab
- Once you do so, now click on the Update Option
- Further, choose the Update Now option
- As an alternative, you can also click on the Auto Update option.
Method 3: Downgrade the Current Version of the MS Office
Many times the updated version of Microsoft Office conflicts with your operating system, that is to say, it faces compatibility issues. This mainly happens when all the updates are not released all together as it might create issues while programming compatibility. If you are encountering this pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 error due to this compatibility issue, then it can be easily solved by downgrading the current version of the MS Office that you are using.
You can do this either by uninstalling the recently installed update or simply by installing the previous update version. Either way, the issue will get resolved.
Method 4: Changing the Server Port Number
Another effective technique to resolve the pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 error is simply by changing the server port number for your Microsoft Outlook application.
Follow the below-stated steps to alter the server port number:
- In the beginning, open the Microsoft Outlook Office
- After that, click on the Tools and then select the Accounts option
- Now, view the list of your mailing accounts by going to the Mail Option
- After that, click on the Mail account which has the issue
- Thereafter, go to the Advanced tab
- There you need to change the “Outgoing mail (SMTP)” from 25 to ###
- Then tap on the OK button and click on the Close tab.
Implementing these steps will fix the error and allow you to send emails to other destinations.
Hope that the above-stated methods have helped you in resolving this pii_email_3dd76af4bcadd8ded428 error code on your Microsoft Outlook application.
Also Read: ERROR CODE: 224003