Navien Error Code 598 indicates a loose connection on the mullex plugs or an issue with the Real-Time Clock. If you are experiencing this error code, it is recommended to check the connections on the display face and contact a professional if needed.
If you own a Navien tankless water heater and are encountering Error Code 598, it means there may be a problem with either the mullex plugs or the Real-Time Clock. This error typically occurs when there is a loose connection on one of the mullex plugs from the display face connecting to the PCB board.
Alternatively, it could be caused by an issue with the Real-Time Clock. In either case, it is important to address the problem promptly to avoid further complications. This article will provide insights on how to troubleshoot and resolve Navien Error Code 598 to restore the functionality of your tankless water heater.
Navien Error Code 598 is one of the most common error codes that can occur in Navien tankless water heaters. When you see this error code, it indicates an issue with the Real-Time Clock of your unit. Understanding the cause of this error code is important in order to effectively troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
Navien Error Code 598 specifically refers to a problem with the Real-Time Clock in your Navien tankless water heater. The Real-Time Clock is responsible for maintaining an accurate time display on your unit, as well as providing the necessary timing functions for proper operation.
Several factors can contribute to the occurrence of Navien Error Code 598. Some of the common causes include:
- Loose connections: There may be a loose connection on one of the mullux plugs from the display face connecting to your PCB board.
- Real-Time Clock malfunction: The Real-Time Clock itself may be malfunctioning, leading to the error code.
These causes can disrupt the proper functioning of the Real-Time Clock and trigger the appearance of Error Code 598 on your Navien tankless water heater.
Now that you have a better understanding of Navien Error Code 598 and its possible causes, you can proceed with troubleshooting and resolving the issue. It is important to address this error code promptly to avoid any further issues with your tankless water heater.
Step 1: Checking for loose connections
If you encounter Navien Error Code 598, it may indicate a loose connection on one of the mullex plugs from the display face connecting to the PCB board. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power supply to the Navien tankless heater.
- Inspect the connections between the display face and the PCB board.
- Tighten any loose connections firmly.
- Turn on the power supply and check if the error code persists.
If the error code remains after checking for loose connections, try resetting the Navien tankless heater. Here’s how:
- Locate the Reset button on the front panel of the tankless heater.
- Press and hold the Reset button for five seconds.
- Release the Reset button and wait for the tankless heater to restart.
- Check if the error code reoccurs after the reset.
Step 3: Inspecting the gas supply
If the error code persists, it could be due to issues with the gas supply. To inspect the gas supply, follow these steps:
- Turn off the gas supply to the Navien tankless heater.
- Inspect the gas valve and ensure it is not damaged or blocked.
- Check for any interruptions in the gas supply.
- If necessary, contact a professional to resolve any gas supply issues.
Step 4: Cleaning the burners and flow sensor
If none of the previous steps resolve Navien Error Code 598, it is recommended to clean the burners and flow sensor. Here’s how:
- Turn off the power and gas supply to the tankless heater.
- Remove the cover of the heater to access the burners and flow sensor.
- Carefully clean the burners using a soft brush or cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
- Inspect the flow sensor and clean it, if necessary.
- Reassemble the heater and restore the power and gas supply.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can effectively address Navien Error Code 598 on your tankless water heater. If the issue persists, it is recommended to contact a professional technician for assistance.
Fixing Navien Error Code 598
If you’re experiencing Navien Error Code 598 on your tankless water heater, don’t worry. This error code indicates an issue with the Real-Time Clock on your Navien system. There are a few solutions you can try to fix this error and get your hot water flowing again.
<Solution 1: Replacing faulty parts>
If you’re confident in your DIY skills and have some knowledge of plumbing, you can try replacing the faulty parts yourself. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Turn off the power to your Navien system.
- Locate the Real-Time Clock on your Navien unit.
- Remove any screws or fasteners holding the Real-Time Clock in place.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the old Real-Time Clock.
- Connect the wiring harness to the new Real-Time Clock.
- Secure the new Real-Time Clock in place with screws or fasteners.
- Turn the power back on and check if the error code is gone.
If the error code persists, you may need to contact a professional plumber for further assistance.
<Solution 2: Contacting a professional plumber>
If you’re not comfortable or confident in replacing the faulty parts yourself, it’s best to contact a professional plumber. A licensed plumber will have the expertise and experience to diagnose the issue and fix it correctly.
When contacting a professional plumber, make sure to provide them with the specific details about the Navien Error Code 598. This will help them understand the problem and come prepared with the necessary tools or parts.
<Solution 3: Upgrading the system for better performance>
If you’ve been experiencing frequent error codes or issues with your Navien system, it may be worth considering upgrading to a newer model. Newer Navien systems often come with enhanced features and improved performance, which can help prevent future error codes and provide better efficiency.
Consult with a professional plumber or HVAC technician to discuss your options for upgrading your Navien system. They can assess your specific needs and recommend the best system for your home.
In conclusion, Navien Error Code 598 can be fixed by either replacing faulty parts, contacting a professional plumber, or upgrading the system for better performance. Whether you choose to tackle the issue yourself or seek professional help, remember to prioritize safety and follow proper procedures.
What Does Abnormal Pcb Mean?
Abnormal PCB means there is a problem with the circuit board that controls the functions of the device.
To reset your Navien tankless heater, press and hold the top left and middle left buttons for five seconds.
To reset your Navien combi boiler, press the Reset button on the front panel. If the issue persists, contact Navien Technical Assistance Service or a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
If you encounter the Navien error code 598, it is important to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution. This error code indicates a problem with the Real-Time Clock, and there are a few potential causes, such as a loose connection or a damaged mullex plug.
It is recommended to check the connections and ensure they are secure. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to contact a professional for assistance. Additionally, if you are experiencing no hot water or a lack of circulation, there may be other underlying issues such as a clogged air vent or dirty burners.
In these cases, it is important to clean the heater and seek professional help if the problem persists. Overall, understanding the specific error code and troubleshooting the problem will help ensure your Navien tankless water heater operates efficiently.